Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 aw0090ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got my new spectre x360 2019 model yesterday, and from 5 minutes of usage, the laptop heats up like a oven. I thought it might be possible because of new updates for every other software pre-installed that started in background. But i was only using Google chrome and it started heating like anything, followed by loud fan noise to remove heat from machine. Later I plugged in the charger, same thing. That brick was untouchable- that hot! I'm not sure if it's a faulty hardware issue or  pre-installed apps running in background. I can do a clean Windows 10 installation to remove bloatware, but I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble? Did anyone else face this?

Details of laptop:

HP Spectre x360 

aw0090ca

10thgen i7, 1 tb ssd, 16 gb ram

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Cyrin

Welcome to HP support community.

I have a few steps to resolve this issue: 

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents  

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation  

Step 3: Updating the BIOS  

Step 4: Using HP CoolSense technology  

Step 5: Placing the notebook in a cooler room  

Step 6: Testing for hardware failure  

If the hardware has failed, capture the failure ID and revert for further assistance.  

If the Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal: Click here for more details. 

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.