03-14-2016 02:17 PM
I can't find a straight answer on this anywhere. Will the spectre chipset support NVMe?
03-14-2016 02:47 PM
Please check with Intel because curent Spectre x360 generation uses Intel processor controller hub (PCH) chipset. Machines support:
Single PCIe / SATA M2 solid-state drive configuration as storage (scope M2 2260/2280 DS solid-state drive) in the following configurations:
512-GB solid-state drive supporting three-level cell (TLC)
256-GB solid-state drive supporting TLC
128-GB solid-state drive
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
05-17-2016 05:49 AM
Spectre X360 Broadwell (5xxx) supports PCIe 2.0 X4, so max 1600 MB/s
Spectre X360 Skylake (6xxx) supports PCIe 3.0 X4, so max 3200 MB/s
AHCI installation is a straightforward swap, NVMe is more complicated.
Look for the post of Tech3 for more details.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot