Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre bl075xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought this HP laptop certified refurbished, and unfortunately had been having issues with it from DAY 1, before I was able to even download a single program onto the computer.  Even though my computer was still under warranty, the HP Support team did nothing to help me except send me Windows OS on a flashdrive, which didn't solve any of my problems.  They would take forever to get back to me until my laptop was out of the warranty period, and after that was up I was still left with a broken laptop. So I have been using a broken laptop for years now, with BSODs daily.  Very disappointed by this considering I spent over $1000 on the Spectre. Although it had a lot of issues, it was still (somewhat) useable.  However, yesterday the laptops stopped working altogether.  There was a burning smell, and I was concerned it was on fire or was going to explode!  I've done a hard reset, and other suggested troubleshooting, but nothing has even made the laptop turn on.  However, after reading about how common the burned motherboard issue is, I am too afraid to touch it, and have placed it out of reach of anything/anyone that it could cause damage to.  Considering the initial issues with this laptop, and now the motherboard burning, I have safety concerns with the computer.  I am not sure what to do; I spent a lot of money on this laptop, only to never be able to enjoy it, and HP letting me down continuously.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Can we maybe have the full model or product number?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

HP Recommended

Hello thank you for your reply!  The product is the HP Spectre x360 15-bl075nr

The Product ID is Z4Z37UA

HP Recommended

Tried to escalate your issue to HP Support for private attention so let's wait and see if that pans out. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your time!

HP Recommended

Hi @cerealbatman

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.