Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

After I reset windows and installing Anniversary Update notebook does not detect converting to the tablet mode (does not disable keyboard). Which driver implement support for this? I have downloaded and installed all the drivers from the site (but they are quite old).

BTW, is it safe to remove original graphics driver (which is almost a year old) and replace it with Intel? Currently, the display blinks several times sometimes when working from battery. Not critical, but annoying.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @BelikovSergey,

Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. A very Good Day to you. Smiley Happy Hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy  I understand that you need assistance regarding enabling tablet mode and disabling the keyboard on windows 10. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.Smiley Happy

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue.

Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. Smiley Happy You’ve done some smart and awesome diagnosis also. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy Brilliant troubleshooting to isolate the issue correctly. Smiley Happy

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this.

Please let me know the model# of the unit.

Please try these steps:

1. Go to control panel

2. Go to Display

3.Go to Adjust Resolution

4. Be sure "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is CHECKED.

If this does not work Then

try this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04856156

Also, uninstall the keyboard in device manager and restart the computer.

Link 3 is a Microsoft community link that could help you: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disable-keyboard-and-trackpad-...

Link 4: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/enable-tablet-mode-windows-10 is a third party link that is useful for checking screenshots only. Note: Please do not click on any image, link, ad or download as the link is a third party link.

Finally, please also update the bios, chipset and graphics card drivers from this link http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

I don't see "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" option in this screen (although settings it looks the same).

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04856156

is about the same checkbox that I don't have. By the way, this memo is outdated a little. In Windows 10 Anniversary Update they have change start menu a little. And maybe this settings was also gone (always on?). 

I checked that my model is officially supported Anniversary update, so I am hoping it will work.

Link 3 is a Microsoft community link that could help you: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/disable-keyboard-and-trackpad-...

They suggest: "Control panel (NOT SETTINGS) -> Keyboard (use icons) -> Keyboard Lock -> Auto Lock the keyboard and touchpad (recommended)". I don't have this option either.

I think windows does not detect this notebook as convertible for some reason and hide corresponding options.

Probably, something wrong with sensors driver or I need to install something else. I have tried to install Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver from my notebook support page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-4100-x360-convertible-pc/8499273/model...

But it is quite old (like most drivers there, by the way). It was released in May 2016 - before Anniversary update come out. The only entry that I see in Sensors in Device manager is Visual Studio sensors emulator.

Do you have updated driver for this version?

I have the latest chipset drivers, but they are even older (2015) and when I try to install them it says that I have newer version installed. It is a shame that HP does not care to update drivers on a support page.

HP Recommended

Hi @BelikovSergey,

I reviewed the post. Thanks for the quick response.Remarkable troubleshooting. 

Did you uninstall the keyboard drivers in device manager and check again? Try to disable the keyboard in device manager and check again please to isolate the issue.

Please try to install the latest intel drivers by running the intel driver update utility from this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html  

Also, provide the complete model# of the unit to assist you better. Please ensure that you have the latest bios installed. 

As far as drivers on your support page are concerned, these would be tested drivers that have passed stringent quality checks and approvals for bugs and other issues before being hosted on the support site.

So if you could help me with the model# of the unit, I would be able to route to you the manufacturer's page for updating the drivers if they are available there.

If nothing works, to eliminate hardware issues and to ensure that it is only a driver issue and not sensors as you suspect, you could perform a system recovery to factory settings after backing up your data, only to eliminate any hardware issues with the notebook.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Full model name: HP Spectre X360 Convertible 13 13-4103ur

I uninstalled keyboard drivers (they were automatically reinstalled on next run), but it is the same. But this is clearly not keyboard issue. Before windows show message about do I want to switch to tablet mode when I fold screen back (as set in tablet settings from the screenshots that you have sent). Now it does not show any reaction when I fold the screen.

I am already using Intel driver update utility. But it only found Bluetooth and WiFi updates and Graphics driver update that I can't install because it says that driver from HP is installed. And I can't find sensors drivers on Intel site. It seems they provide them only to OEM. Can you check if you have updated sensors driver that may be not published yet? Maybe beta?

I have the latest bios (F.43 Rev.A). At least it does not hang now, sound is working (was also broken when I updated to Anniversary update) and it overheats not so badly as before (but I still had to buy cooling pad).

I already reset windows 3 times before (trying to different issues, see above) - this is the most troublesome notebook from all that I had, although it looks great visually. And if I make a reset, it will restore Anniversary Update, not the original version, so this will not guarantee anything. I can try to revert it to version before Anniversary Update, but hope to solve this issue without it.

Maybe there is some utility to check sensors?

And if the sensors hardware is broken after all, can I make a refund?

HP Recommended

@BelikovSergey

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.