Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (123 Views)

Spectre x360 (kaby lake) previous, play/pause and next keys not working

Product Name: Spectre x360 13-w025nd
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i recieved my spectre x360 in the mail last weekend and it occurd to me at one point that the f9, f10 and f11 function keys (the previous, play/pause and next keys) were not working. I do not remember if they worked before or that they were broken from the beginning

They do not work with any music app that is running in the background: spotify, groove music or windows media player.

I realy would appreciate any help at this point because this problem has driven me nuts over the last two days.

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 4 (99 Views)

Re: Spectre x360 (kaby lake) previous, play/pause and next keys not working

emmasoord wrote:

So i recieved my spectre x360 in the mail last weekend and it occurd to me at one point that the f9, f10 and f11 function keys (the previous, play/pause and next keys) were not working. I do not remember if they worked before or that they were broken from the beginning

They do not work with any music app that is running in the background: spotify, groove music or windows media player.

I realy would appreciate any help at this point because this problem has driven me nuts over the last two days.

Hi,

I think you need to press and hold the Fn button then press the function keys that you want or if that didnt help then follow this guide http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108

Regards

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

I worked on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (95 Views)

Thank you for your reply!

I do not think you fully understood my question. Not the f9, f10 and f11 do not work, but the function that is assigned to them. So when I press the f10 button it should play/pause, that is the function that does not work, and when i press fn + f10 it acts like you pressed the f10 button.

Do you know a fix for this particular problem?

PhD Student
Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)

emmasoord wrote:

Thank you for your reply!

I do not think you fully understood my question. Not the f9, f10 and f11 do not work, but the function that is assigned to them. So when I press the f10 button it should play/pause, that is the function that does not work, and when i press fn + f10 it acts like you pressed the f10 button.

Do you know a fix for this particular problem?

If thats the case then follow the link I already provided. Hope it helps

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

I worked on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation