Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spectre x360 will not charge - burn mark on motherboard laptop not charging

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received my Spectre x360 as a birthday gift just over 15 months ago and yesterday when I went to turn it on nothing worked. The laptop was plugged in but the light indicating that it was charging was not lit. I switched charging cables with another HP cable for the same type of laptop and the same result. I took the laptop back to Best Buy and they told me that the warranty had expired and that I would have to pay for a new motherboard since the laptop was out of warranty by 3 months. This laptop costs over $1200 and now I have to pay an additional $300-$400 to have it fixed. After reading through this forum, this seems to be a common issue with these laptops and people experiencing malfunctioning motherboards. This type of problem should have been considered a recall.   The fact that a $1200 laptop fails after 15 months of occasional use is very bothersome and to have to pay additional money to have a design flaw fixed shortly after the warranty expires is even more frustrating.

2 REPLIES 2
Coco85 Top Student
Top Student
12 7 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi I got same issue,,, I try to call HP support they make some diagnostic but didn't found nothing extra ,,just need to be replace motherboard+cpu which are cost 255£(just)Haha,,,guy from HP on call just give me tips, try to make recovery and I will see if it's still some issue,,,so I try and I'm now stuck in recovery mode ,,,restoration incompleted,,,Haha,,i try to install linux and make some cpu and other stress test I decide that really needs to be replace motherboard+cpu,,tips for you :try to cal HP support and you will se what they will found and how much will cost repairs ,,

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
533 532 32 68
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation