09-12-2016 02:34 PM
09-13-2016 04:01 PM - edited 09-13-2016 04:34 PM
Hi @ Roy1955,
Thanks for being a part of the HP community. It is a great place to get your questions answered by experts .I saw your post regarding the problems with the battery. This could be a possible hardware issue with the battery. Kudos to you for performing the battery tests. Brilliant work was done. It may be a possible battery issue.
However, I would require more information regarding this to isolate the issue correctly? How did you run diagnostics? Was it from The F2 UEFI diagnostics page or from HP support assistant?
In the meantime, Please perform a hard reset first.
Steps to do it:
- Power down the computer and unplug the charger.
- Hold down the power button and mute button simultaneously for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
Then visit this link to troubleshoot battery related issues: http://hp.care/2cqnxWZ
Please perform these steps listed in the link mentioned above.
- Testing and Calibrating the Battery. (Windows 10)
- Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.
Hope this helps. Please let me know how this goes. To simply say thanks for my efforts, please click the "Thumbs Up" button. Please remember to mark "Accept as Solution" if this helps. Thanks and have a blessed week ahead!
I am an HP Employee
09-13-2016 04:20 PM
09-13-2016 04:29 PM - edited 09-13-2016 04:31 PM
Thanks for replying. You could contact phone support by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp
Please keep me informed about the progress. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button for my efforts. Please remember to mark 'Accept as Solution' if this helps. Thanks and have a blessed week ahead!
I am an HP Employee
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot