Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (113 Views)

Spectre x360

Product Name: Spectre x360
Hi, my spectre x360 just out of warranty and will no longer charge the battery! Charger checked and working. When plugged into laptop, symbol appears to show connection but then states not charging. Battery nearly flat now but diagnostics state batter condition ok. Would appreciate any ideas to resolve please but I am not considered computer literate just general working knowledge!
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (86 Views)

Re: Spectre x360

[ Edited ]

Hi @ Roy1955,

Thanks for being a part of the HP community. It is a great place to get your questions answered by experts .I saw your post regarding the problems with the battery. This could be a possible hardware issue with the battery. Kudos to you for performing the battery tests. Brilliant work was done. It may be a possible battery issue.

However, I would require more information regarding this to isolate the issue correctly? How did you run diagnostics? Was it from The F2 UEFI diagnostics page or from HP support assistant?

In the meantime, Please perform a hard reset first.

Steps to do it:

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger.
  • Hold down the power button and mute button simultaneously for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.

Then visit this link to troubleshoot battery related issues: http://hp.care/2cqnxWZ

Please perform these steps listed in the link mentioned above.

1. Testing and Calibrating the Battery. (Windows 10)
  2. Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how this goes. To simply say thanks for my efforts, please click the "Thumbs Up" button. Please remember to mark "Accept as Solution" if this helps. Thanks and have a blessed week ahead!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (81 Views)

Hi, many thanks for taking the trouble to respond. Your information sounds great but now my battery is completely flat! I am awaiting a response to my complaint with hp. With further searches the internet seems awash with hp laptop battery issues and other faults so I would expect hp to resolve the issue through customer service as it does not appear fit for purpose.
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (72 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @Roy1955,

Thanks for replying. You could contact phone support by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp

Please keep me informed about the progress. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button for my efforts. Please remember to mark 'Accept as Solution' if this helps. Thanks and have a blessed week ahead!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation