Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

This is what I see in Explorer - nothing

Churchmouse68_0-1581978254870.png

HP Recommended

I just click on it and it opens in perfect view...

HP Recommended

Now I can see it. Its a non-Windows partition likely MacOS. And it has an EFI system partition which makes me think it was once used as the primary drive for something. MacOS will put an EFI system partition like that on a drive. It also looks just like a drive that was used on a Linux machine. In fact Linux would be able to read a Mac OS drive. 

HP Recommended

Ok, recommendation for this then?

HP Recommended

Plug it into the Mac computer and read the same information from the disk utility just to be sure about what kind of partition it is, but I am about 97% sure its a Mac partition. You can also use something like Macrium Reflect Free on the PC to identify it. Windows 10 will not identify exactly what non-Windows partitions are, just tell you they are not Windows partitions. If the Mac has network access and the PC has access to the same network I would set up file sharing on the Mac and make this disk shared and get what I need off of it over the network. Happy to hang with you to make that happen if you wish. Using the software that lets you read Mac formatted disks on the PC is also an option. 

HP Recommended

Ok, I did some reading on the site you offered earlier. I decided to format the drive for ExFAT after moving all files off it. Did this on the Mac because I could not see it on PC to do a format. Anyway, I followed instructions from the site and it worked. I was able to format to desired file system, copied back the files and then connected to the PC and it is all good now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.