Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-ay110na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I managed to knock over a glass of wine which spilt onto my laptop, I immediately turning it off and cleaned this off with kitchen roll, and then left it overnight to dry. When I went to turn it on again this morning it worked, but the screen started flashing between solid blocks of colour - blue, white, black, red so I turned it off again. Now when I press the power button it doesn't respond at all, regardless of whether it's using the battery or plugged in. The power light on the side doesn't light up at all.

I'm still within the manufacturer warranty, so would this cover me, or is there something else I should do to try and get this working again?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Leo_H,

I reviewed your super quick response. You've shown great resolve and displayed superb attitude in the midst of difficult circumstances. It is greatly appreciated. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 I understand where you come from. I don't live in Bill gates neighborhood. I exactly understand what's currently running in your mind.

I have given the steps to contact technical support. However, if you are looking for a new computer then please visit this link: http://store.hp.com Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions to contact them. It is possible that you may get a contact number to reach them.

You've been simply fabulous to work with. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the repaired or replaced computer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

Please remember to include additional warranties that cover accidental damages and liquid spillage in your new purchase if you plan to do that. 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Leo_H,

Good Day.  A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the post regarding issues with liquid spillage on your computer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Splendid description and great observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

I would require more information to assist you accurately.

• Did you connect the computer to an external display via an HDMI cable and check if brings up a display?

I will not beat around the bush. The computer should be covered under a special accidental damage protection plan that includes liquid spills to get the unit serviced without a charge. The manufacturer’s warranty is a  standard year’s warranty that covers only malfunctioning of parts and not drops, damages or liquid spillage.

So for further assistance please contact HP phone support to get the computer serviced.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. Repairs might be fee-based.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David, thanks for the reply.

I tried connecting it to my tv, but no success there either I'm afraid. It's simply not responding at all when I press the power button now.

I've completed a support ticket, which has recommended that I need to arrange for a repair through Best2Serve as I will need to pay a separate fee as unfortunately this is not covered under the standard warranty as you mentioned. Hopefully once I have been able to arrange for them to collect my laptop and have a look it will be able to be sorted, if not then looks like I'll need to buy a replacement. It's always in hindsight that paying extra to the extended warranties and protections plans seems like a great idea!

HP Recommended

Hi @Leo_H,

I reviewed your super quick response. You've shown great resolve and displayed superb attitude in the midst of difficult circumstances. It is greatly appreciated. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂 I understand where you come from. I don't live in Bill gates neighborhood. I exactly understand what's currently running in your mind.

I have given the steps to contact technical support. However, if you are looking for a new computer then please visit this link: http://store.hp.com Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions to contact them. It is possible that you may get a contact number to reach them.

You've been simply fabulous to work with. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the repaired or replaced computer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

Please remember to include additional warranties that cover accidental damages and liquid spillage in your new purchase if you plan to do that. 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Leo_H,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.