Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec2030nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi . I bought this laptop last week. 256 gb ssd storage is little for me. I want to know how many M2 SSD slots there are . Can I use 2.5 SSD ?  And this laptop has 4+4  gb ram . Can I upgrade to 4+8 gb ram?  Help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, HP only has the maintenance and service guide for the older 15-ec notebooks on your notebook's support page.

It is the 3rd manual listed of the 3.

HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 Manuals | HP® Customer Support

According to that manual, there is only one M.2 slot and you can upgrade the memory to 2 x 16 GB.

You would use DDR4-3200 memory in your model.

The manual should be of help to you in order to open up the notebook and then you can check if HP added a second M.2 slot and took away the 2.5" drive bay.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, HP only has the maintenance and service guide for the older 15-ec notebooks on your notebook's support page.

It is the 3rd manual listed of the 3.

HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 Manuals | HP® Customer Support

According to that manual, there is only one M.2 slot and you can upgrade the memory to 2 x 16 GB.

You would use DDR4-3200 memory in your model.

The manual should be of help to you in order to open up the notebook and then you can check if HP added a second M.2 slot and took away the 2.5" drive bay.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.