Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,248 119,425 19,505 29,809
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has a M.2 slot, the slot only supports SATA SSD's, not NVMe, so the Samsung 970 Evo plus ssd would not work.

Below is the link to the service manual.  The supported drive types can be found in chapter 1.

HP Pavilion Notebook (Intel)Star WarsTM Special Edition Notebook Maintenance and Service Guide

0 Kudos
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
9,962 9,858 796 3,831
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't think your device supports NVMe drives. The computer a SATA port so any SATA III SSD will work including. You can check the SATA SSDs of Samsung.

Your computer comes preinstalled with an HDD and any SSD upgrade will definitely be worthy.

Here is more info >> https://blogs.umass.edu/Techbytes/2018/02/23/types-of-ssds-and-which-ones-to-buy/

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation