08-24-2010 05:13 PM
The USB connection used for connecting to a printer failed. Trying to fix it I removed the Standard USB Host Controller Port_#0001.Hub_#0009 and as a result the device is now marked as "unknown device" with status= error#43.
How can I fix it?
Solved! View Solution.
Re: Standard USB Host Controller
08-24-2010 10:29 PM
"OK, what exactly do I need to do when in "Programs and Features"?"
Just look in the list for software for your brand of printer, highlight it and then click uninstall at the top.
It will only show up in Programs and features if you Installed the software.
If the printer driver was native to the Operating System and installed one Automatically when you first connected the printer, it needs to be removed in "Printers and Faxes" or Devices and Printers"
By the way what Operating System does your PC have? Vista or W7?
08-24-2010 06:24 PM
Thank you for the prompt reply. I have followed the following steps (from Microsoft support forum) but it didn't solve the problem:
Lets reinstall the USB Controllers.
First, please disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:
1. Click "Start" button, type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.
2. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".
3. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".
Then, restart your computer and Windows 7 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.
All usb driver items restored correctly with the exception of one line that still shows "unknown device", with the following details:
Standard USB Host Controller
What else can I do?
08-24-2010 06:40 PM - edited 08-24-2010 06:41 PM
When you did the device manager reinstall was the printer unplugged from the usb port?
Is the printer connected to a USB port on the PC or a USB hub?
08-24-2010 07:13 PM
I do not use external USB HUB.
The printer was connected to the USB port.
So I clicked remove to the printer device, disconnected the usb port and reboot. Now the error does not appear in the driver list, but the printer appears again in the printer and fax list (don't know how), so I will download the device manager from the web. Hope I am doing it correctly this time.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot