Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC

Windows 8 64-bit 

8GB RAM (2x 4GB)

I was having a lot of Blue Screen errors so I did a startup diagnostics by pressin F2 at system boot and this is what I found:

Start-Up Test

Processor Check: PASSED

Memory Test: FAILED

Start-Up Test: FAILED

Fail ID: U08K9R-6AE6S3-XD7X1F-407X03

Product: C2C18EA#ABU
Memory Module

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Rahat,

The Startup diagnostics is buit to check if there is any hardware issues with the computer.  The Memory test has failed which means that one of the Memory Modules on the computer has failed and needs to be replaced.

If the computer is in warranty, I would suggest that you get in touch with the HP Service Center and get this fixed.

Regards

MathewT

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Rahat,

The Startup diagnostics is buit to check if there is any hardware issues with the computer.  The Memory test has failed which means that one of the Memory Modules on the computer has failed and needs to be replaced.

If the computer is in warranty, I would suggest that you get in touch with the HP Service Center and get this fixed.

Regards

MathewT

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Thank you Mathew for your prompt response.
HP Recommended

You are Always Welcome :generic:

MathewT
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Hi
I have hp pavillion g4 and when I start my laptop it says cooling fan not working properly when I perform startup test it says memory test failed
Please help
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.