Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 17-ae1xx CTO Notebook (Product Number 1WC57AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable to find out why I'm experiencing multiple Windows 10 blue screens for memory management every time I stream any type of video (including YouTube, cable network TV streams, video conferencing programs, and my HP WebCam). This situation has been going on multiple times a day for more than a month. I've run the Windows diagnostic tests (including memory tests), HP hardware and performance diagnostic tests, updated the BIOS (dated 12/2019) and all drivers, among other things, with the blue screens still persisting with all these efforts. I've even ran the sfc /scannow and DISM scripts, and found nothing there, too (the sfc scan reported no integrity issues, and the DISM ScanHealth test returned no errors).

My review of minidump points repeatedly to hpdskflt.sys as culprit that is causing memory corruption. I really need to address this issue ASAP since I cannot facilitate video conferences while I'm teleworking and conversing via video conference with with federal govt customers. Every one of my video conferences crashed in the midst of these meetings. I've had crashes with streaming video browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge) and through every one of the video conferencing programs, including Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, and Zoom. I had to switch to my mobile phone on 5/6/2020 after I experienced a system crash while attending a video conference using Microsoft Teams and again on 5/7/2020 when my system crashed while using Zoom for a personal video teleconference in the middle of meeting with a nursing home director who was providing COVID-19 updates for the facility.

As if the streaming video issues were not enough, I'm now encountering a new problem with running audio content, which now causes my system to crash with stop codes for memory management issues that involves the same driver (hpdskflt.sys). I assessed and played a podcast file using Chrome, and my system crashed minutes into playing the audio file from the browser. This exercise is terribly frustrating, since now it appears that I cannot stream both audio and video content using any resource that connects to the Internet.

This situation is unacceptable from both a business and personal level, since I am severely limited in facilitating and attending video conferences unless I turn off or avoid running any type of video stream on my HP laptop that is less than 2 years old.

HARD DRIVE INFORMATION:

Hardware Id for Local Disk (C:) -- 953GB TEAM TM8PS5001T (SATA (SSD))

SCSI\DiskTEAM____TM8PS5001T______Q060
SCSI\DiskTEAM____TM8PS5001T______
SCSI\DiskTEAM____
SCSI\TEAM____TM8PS5001T______Q
TEAM____TM8PS5001T______Q
GenDisk

Hardware Id for Local Data Disk (D:) -- 1863GB Seagate ST2000LM007-1R8174 (SATA (SSD))

SCSI\DiskST2000LM007-1R8174______RDM4
SCSI\DiskST2000LM007-1R8174______
SCSI\DiskST2000LM
SCSI\ST2000LM007-1R8174______R
ST2000LM007-1R8174______R
GenDisk

Information from the minidump after Windows 10 Stop Code for Memory Management:

Bugcheck Analysis

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {4477, 20fc66c, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for hpdskflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hpdskflt.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

5: kd> !analyze -v

Bugcheck Analysis

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000004477, A driver tried to write to an unallocated address in the
user space of the system process. Parameter 2 contains the
address of the attempted write.
Arg2: 00000000020fc66c
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ldsw

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Having the same problem. Is update available for hpdskflt.sys

Posted at Microsoft website:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-memory-management-stop-c...

HP Recommended

@DennyMathew
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.