Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15-dw001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an issue that I am sure is simply to solve- I just cant figure it out.

I want to upgrade my RAM from 4gb to 8gb and I read that I need to open up my computer to do it. The bottom of my laptop has two small screws at the bottom (the mouse end) and thats it. No matter how hard I tried to pull the top off with pliers after unscrewing- it wont budge and I am worried I am breaking it. Has anyone else tried with this laptop? Is there a lock I am not seeing?

Thanks in advance,

-T

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

On a lot of models there are several screws under the rubber strips.

HP has a service manual linked to a different model series on your notebook's support page.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06510442

It could be a complete mistake, or it could be that this manual covers many different model series including yours and HP forgot to list the 15-dw series.

If you look at chapter 5, page 26 there is a procedure for how to remove the bottom cover if your notebook looks anything like the illustration.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.