Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (71 Views)

Suddenly laptop shuts down

Product Name: Hp 15-ay106ne
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I'm from India. I bought a HP 15-ay106ne laptop through my uncle in Abu Dubai on 01-01-2017.

After a week I noticed that it didn't charge to 100% it reaches 99% only. After 15 days I noticed that it suddenly shuts down when the charging reaches 15% without any notification about plug-in. After few days it shuts down in between 15% and 20%.

Now it's shutting down in between 36%-40% of charging. I found that the battery backup is also not good. Original backup is 10 hours but my laptop gives 5 hours of battery backup.

I gave my laptop in to a HP service centre and they said it has a hardware problem. In India the spare parts are not available so please go to Dubai with your laptop.

I preferred to buy it in Dubai because of its international warranty. But now they are not going to help me out of this problem.

Please help me to get my laptop in good condition. And suggest me how to decrease the cycle count.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (39 Views)

Re: Suddenly laptop shuts down

Hello @eswar559,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation