Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Im having a similar issue. When i type, every letter doesnt repeat, but a different letter or number, along with the one I originally typed pops up.
HP Recommended
Removing the battery , waiting awhile, and then putting the battery back in stop the P repeating problem.
HP Recommended

Alright, so I would guess that you've already done this, but just restart the computer. It worked for me 🙂

HP Recommended

I realized this has only started happening on both my laptop and my desktop since I installed Kaspersky.  Should I call them or does anyone know a quick fix.  It doesn't happen all the time.

HP Recommended
I ran into a similar situation where every keystroke gave me a duplicate letter. This was most prevalent in google chrome. I did a little digging and found the issue was being caused by kaspersky internet security. the way to disable this was to get the kaspersky internet security keyboard to come up, click on settings and under categories, uncheck the "All data entry fields for safe money". This solved my problem and i hope this solves yours too.
HP Recommended

I am not using HP product but I just encountered this problem and found a solution instantly. It affect Windows Login, all Windows app etc. So it was to do with the keyboard itself and not the pc/laptop or any application. I am using an old Logitech keyboard with old fashion recievers. I had two of them plugged in and one was not working. Suddenly the both started working, hence resulting in two input of the keyboard. 

So you may like to check if you have two inputs such as USB or bluetooth. That can be the only explanation. Try checking all you connected devices and turn the keyboard one off and disconnect all USB input, turn off your Bluetooth and see if it cures the problem then reconnect them one by one. 

If all fails and the fault is driving you mad, then you can try connecing a wired keybaord and that should work.

HP Recommended

I had this issue with my laptop of HP and on DELL too. This is solved easily by unplugging the power cord and then removing the battery, then re insert the battery and plugin cord.

This solved the issue in both laptops

it is not a driver issue or water spill issue

HP Recommended

Hi all, 

You may come across the "keyboard typing doble letters" or "keyboard repeating the same characters". The Windows 10 PC keyboard automatically types into a repeated letter after you finish your typing, and then you get double letters on the screen.

:Arrow_Right:First, you can check this steps: HP PCs - Keyboard Issue 

doble letters.png

:Arrow_Right:You can check the driver updates: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.