Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 15-cr0087cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion x360

Purchased in Sep 2019. 

The laptop started giving hard disk errors of various types since August 21-2020. I opened a ticket and the support calls put me through various diagnostics. In this also, each time the support said that they will arrange a call back, it was never done.

After doing each of the diagnostics, the issue got progressively worse. 

Finally the support agreed to replace the hard disk. The first time the engineer came to look at the old hard disk to note down the number, the laptop did not even start after that. Then after 5 days he comes back with the replacement hard disk. In all this time the laptop was not functional. After he puts in the new hard disk, the laptop still does not start. I called him and told him so immediately. He confirmed that he will come back the same day but he did not. After this he stopped answering my call and message. Then I again called the HP support to assign a engineer to come and take a look. After multiple calls, the new engineer was confirmed. He came, checked and confirmed the hard disk was not properly installed. AND the motherboard was also crashed. So now I have a new hard disk but no motherboard. So basically since 21-Aug-2020 till date (12-Sep) my laptop has not been operational

Summary of the problem

1. Hard disk crashed

2. Hard disk replaced but not installed properly by the engineer

3. Hard disk connected and then it was detected that the motherboard is crashed

4. Awaiting motherboard replacement

Please help me to know a escalation point for this. I cannot keep going through the support calls anymore.

It is ridiculous that a laptop which is just about a year old should give so many issues.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AL0202 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information.

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

Thanks! I have replied to the private message

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.