Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15z-etc000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello everyone,
Recently  I came across the following issue with my laptop, which was followed by an issue with customer support.

The hardware issue:
One of the two fans in my system is loose within its axis, causing it to create very loud noises, and even cause the whole laptop to vibrate violently. I discovered this after hearing very loud and worrisome noises when my computer fan started to spin up,  like a mechanical grumble.

I followed HP's youtube tutorial on removing the fan in order to check for problems and discovered that it is loose within its enclosure, causing it to rattle the entire system. When spun manuallly, it creates a perceptible vibration and a loud mechanical sound.  Instead of just rotating normally, it shuffles around as well, as it is not properly fixed on its pivot. As you can imagine, this is very concerning as the vibration could damage other components.

It is obvious that the fan is broken, and it is also evident to me that this is a factory issue, since the computer had only been opened once before to install an SSD in the empty bay, as well as RAM. Because of this I need a replacement fan to be sent so I may replace the one in my system.

The customer support issue:

I checked in HP's website and I am indeed within warranty. However, when I tried to contact support (I messaged the mexican Whatsapp support since I am living in Mexico) they told me my product only had a three month warranty because it was customised in the HP online store (which is not true, I selected a model from the list available in the store). When I pointed out that the laptop had been asked from the US and that the website said I was under warranty, they simply pointed me towards the support site from the US. After writting to support through facebook, I still haven't received any sort of response from HP.

I have tried looking online for an email or phone number I could dial, but they all just point me towards the HP Facebook messenger.

If anyone in support is reading this post, I urgently need to replace this fan, as I do not want to risk performing heavy loads on this computer with such an issue. I need this computer to work from home, and need to get in touch with support as quickly as possible.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@PatchFact 

• I have submitted a request that someone take a look.
  • Please know that because our Community is not HP Technical Support, we are not a direct conduit to HP.
  • When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 
  • Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims.

Note to those reading:

• Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site places your privacy at risk from scammers.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply.

I understand that this is a community forum, I posted here because I did not know where else to look. Thank you for submitting a request, hopefully that will be the end of the troubles.

I just have two more questions, since you seem like an experienced member, and would be very thankful if you had any information.

I realise it's hard to tell, but do you know by chance how long responses usually take? Also, do you know of any other methods I can use to get in touch with support more directly?

Thank you again for your time, I really appreciate it.

HP Recommended

@PatchFact 

You are welcome.

Contacting HP is done the same way for all of us (who are not HP, at least).

The problem you have (well, one problem) is that apparently there is some sort of Warranty tangle.  Need HP for that...

As to "how long" does it take here?

Initial response once the request is accepted is usually quick.

The followup behind the scenes can drag - AND it is out of our control at that point.

Hang in there.

Yes, I know - useless advice - your computer is broken.  😒

If you have a Facebook account and can reach HP from your location (South-of-the-border), try the Facebook connection...

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Contact Information below...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HP Technical Support – Contact Information

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option – Regions

USA / Canada

Contact Official HP® Support | HP® Customer Support

Submit information / case online

Sign in or continue as a guest

Reminder:  HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.

UK

For faster support, first submit information / case online: HP Customer Support UK

Option - HP Support is on Facebook!

HP on Facebook

READ:  HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

Reminders

HP Support does not publicly post contact numbers.  Please submit your case online

• Provide all the requested information to submit your online case
  • Explain the problem > Ask for help
  • Submit the case
  • After the case is submitted, Contact information for your area will be displayed on your screen
  • Reminder:  Wait times can be long – HP Response centers are very busy.

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
  • Chat is not available in every region.  In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
  • HP will advise you when there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.
  • HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by contract package.
  • Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.  
  • HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

Warranty Check

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Alright, seems there isn't much more to do other than wait then. I am frankly desilusioned by the customer support systems. I tried sending another Facebook message today with a different account and no luck once more.

In any case, I guess all I can do is wait, because it doesn't seem fair for me to have to buy a new fan for a new computer. Thank you again for all the effort.

HP Recommended

@PatchFact I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for contacting me, I'll be looking at my private messages now.

HP Recommended

So here is an update for the situation, and frankly, it is getting ridicolous:

So I was put through with another support individual after @Riddle_Decipher kindly contacted me personally and HP finally answered on Facebook. The Facebook Support group simply gave me a link back to the original support page (https://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/), which then redirtects back to facebook again when you input your country and go through the process.

Then, after complaining about this with the new support individual in my private messages, they asked me to contact the support group for my country, which I had stated in my original post as being unhelpful and sending me over here in the first place. This new individual also gave me the telephone number for HP Support USA. After writing back to explain that I had, indeed, contacted my  local support. They simply responded by saying "You're welcome, contacting support in the US." (???), and not actually addressing the fact that I had just told them that support in my country did not help. I also asked to be contacted by email, as I did not always have access to long distance calls, something which was also ignored. I have no idea what they meant by their response, and it seems I won't know until after the weekend.

So finally, I decided to call the support number which I had been given, only to find that the telephone line is broken! Not even a ringtone! So then I go back to the original support site (https://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/), where it says the phone line is currently unavailable because it is currently not business hours; even though their business hours are listed as being from Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m, and I am calling at 4:00 p.m. in their local time!! (Virginia).

So in conclusion,

Going to the official site leads to Facebook.

Going to Facebook links back to the official site. Which just loops around, presumably forever.

Contacting an individual through phone line is actually physically impossible apparently.

Contacting my local support redirects back to US support.

And contacting US support redirects back to my local support! Another loop!

And finally, contacting support through the forums takes you to, once again, you local support!

I have contacted over five people at HP, and no one can help me get a mass produced laptop computer fan, sent! Even after over a week of constantly contacting official resources. And I am not asking for the repair, I am only asking for a part.

Seriously, I mean no ill will to anyone who has tried to help me so far, it just really seems like the whole HP Support infrastructure is broken, and I am extremely dissapointed. I am at the end of my line, and I see literally no other way to do this. I even created a second Facebook account after my messages where never answered on my main account.

Honestly, what is happening.

HP Recommended

Small update:

I have been given a new phone number to call and the Facebook messenger situation seems to be slowly progressing.

HP Recommended

Final update:

The situation has become critical and I am tired. I have waited to be contacted by local support the whole week, as I was instructed to do by the HP Support group on Facebook, after they apparently submitted a report.

Regardless of whether or not they actually did, I can no longer contact the person who was looking at my case, and I was never given any support number to be able to follow up on the issue by any of the persons involved.

After over two weeks of continuing to try to contact HP by any means necesarry, it is clear that no one will actually be able to help me, and my computer remains broken.

Im tired of waiting around for days for a two line response that just passes on my problem to someone else and being asked the same obvious questions over and over again. I cannot belive that a company of HP's level cannot be bothered to have proper customer support, and that I have made absolutely no progress since the start of this mess.

I have no choice but to bite the bullet and buy the fan elsewhere, so much for the warranty I was charged for.

This popped up last night after I had shut down my computer when it started spontaneously vibrating again. I hope that no further damage has been sustained by my machine, because at this point it is obvious that I am on my own on this.

I won't be writing here anymore, nor will I be purchasing anything from HP again. I am beyond dissapointed.

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-04 at 1.21.34 PM.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.