Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 250 G4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After fixing laptop in one suspicious private kontora, i slowly noticed, that space of hard drive in my laptop decreased twice.

After second time reloading software in da same place network adapters slowed down  ☻::

After time, when dvd device didn't work anymore I started to suspect thes computa masta, as i Have been brought my laptop only to him, - is not the persone i can trust!

So what i want to know is where or how to obtain detailed information about  all hardware including serials of all chipsets

what were set in my model in the factory, hope it's possible! Then to compare to what is inside now.

Can anyone know how to get this information?

A
>>> PROGRAMM EXIT
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Not possible. HP does not keep that information. 

HP Recommended

@Huffer is correct. The best that you can see would be a detailed description of components installed in device based on that serial number, but the serial number of items like chips and drives is not recorded.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Detailed description would be fine for beginning.

On https://support.hp.com/ i can get only instrutions with description in general:

"... Processors: 

Intel Core i5-5200U with Intel HD Graphics 5500 (2.2 GHz, up to 2.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Intel Core i3-4005U with Intel HD Graphics 4400 (1.7 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Intel Pentium N3700 with Intel HD Graphics (1.6 GHz, up to 2.4 GHz, 2 MB cache, 4 cores)
Intel Celeron N3050 with Intel HD Graphics (1.6 GHz, up to 2.16 GHz, 2 MB cache, 2 cores)
…"
May be you perhaps know how to obtain presize information about my model?

A
>>> PROGRAMM EXIT
HP Recommended

@teo_daelxor 

You're being unrealistic regarding possible theft of components from your laptop. 

First off, NO ONE has records of serial number of individual chips on the different boards in the laptop.  I know this personally because I used to work in a PC manufacturing plant where boards like this were assembled using ROBOTS -- and the work was done so quickly, the movements were all blurs.  The machines make the boards, not humans.  So, there is no time to obtain or record serial numbers.

Second, these chips are soldered to the various boards and removing them, while still having a working laptop, is an enormously difficult and time-consuming thing to do, which would take HOURS of highly-skilled work to accomplish. And for what -- chips that are worth nothing in the marketplace?  Also, the thief would also have to obtain replacement chips for the ones they removed, and those would cost several times what the ones they removed are worth! 

If you're now having problems with drive space shrinking, network performance, and DVD not functioning, your best approach would be to post a separate thread for each of these so folks here can respond and provide assistance to you.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood  I think OP is just looking for original specs like size and type of storage, amount of RAM, wireless, etc. Agree there is just no way in the world individual chips are logged in any kind of record. As stated, HP even keeps no record of the individual serial numbers of components like memory modules and hard drives. @teo_daelxor  your model is one where its not really possible to look up the exact original configuration as it is a build to order model where you select what you want. What are you specifically worried was stolen? They could not have stolen the motherboard including processor and video. Possible they substituted smaller memory modules or storage disks or used ones for new ones. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.