Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop - 15t-eg100 touch optional
Microsoft Windows 11

I want to be able to quickly change the battery in my laptop. The last time I bought one, I ordered an HP laptop but when it arrived, I was disappointed to find out that I'd have to tear down the laptop to actually change the battery (if it was doable at all). I returned it. 

I have seen the HP Pavilion Laptop - 15t-eg100 touch optional that is a very good buy right now. But I am concerned that I will not be able to change the battery. 

HP LaserJet p1102w
HP 15-ef2126wm
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@paulri,

The HP Pavilion Laptop - 15t-eg100 touch battery isn't particularly accessible in my opinion.  There are 6 screws you would have to remove for just the back panel alone, and it "requires a little coaching" (you be the judge) to remove/swap the battery by having to remove additional screws.  Nothing as easy as say, swapping a legacy HP ProBook 6560b's battery (no screws at all, just a back panel slide lock).  -But I digress.

Why would you want to quickly swap batteries?  -As long as you (re-)charge your laptop, keep it plugged in where you can, the only time you really want to access the battery is to either replace one if it is defective, or as good computer practice, remove the battery during changing/adding laptop components such as an M.2 NVMe SSD drive, RAM, CPU, etc.

To illustrate what I mean, please tune in to time-stamp 09:39 in this video clip: HP Pavilion 15 review | The perfect student or all-round laptop? - YouTube.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I can take off a few screws, that's not a problem.

Occasionally (every year or two or three) on my current laptop that is resolved by turning off, removing the battery, & re-inserting it. I forget the exact nature of the problem. 

HP LaserJet p1102w
HP 15-ef2126wm
HP Recommended

@paulri,

Then the HP Pavilion Laptop - 15t-eg100 touch should be A-OK for you!

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

You were doing a Power Reset by removing the battery. It sets the bios settings to default, which can cure some problems occasionally. There is a procedure described here- https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768  then scrolling down to "Reset a laptop with a sealed or non-removable battery" and follow those directions you will acheive the same results as pulling the battery out.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

Thanks for the link. I've already bookmarked it. I'll keep that in case my next laptop doesn't make it easy to remove the battery. I'm buying an HP 15" laptop on newegg but they don't give the model numbers.... so I'll just have to wait. 

HP LaserJet p1102w
HP 15-ef2126wm
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.