Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It is really quite sad how HP doesn't care about their customers. I purchased some 2 years ago Spectre x360 top model (i7/16G/1T SSD) mostly using it on the desk with the external keyboard/mouse. Now I noticed when I needed to use it without external mouse that my touch pad doesn't work and it was popped up from the case. Strange to say the least for the money I paid and reputation I relied on. Searching on the Internet for possible solution I found out that most probably the battery is swollen and is making pressure on the pad. Of course it should be replaced ASAP, on my expense of course. I don't get it, really.

My guess is it would never happen with Apple, Lenovo or even Asus. Next time I should go for a different brand, Apple or Lenovo?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Brby 

<content removed>

What if?

If you decide to replace the battery in your computer...

The process is less daunting than some might think,

Compatible batteries are generally available and not expensive,

The Service Guide provides guidance (text and illustration),

and there is video to help understand the process.

For those reading:

"Fat" Battery / Bloated Battery / Swollen Battery

• If the battery is in a swollen or bloated condition, the battery must be removed from the computer and replaced.
  • There are no other remedies, tests, or useful options.

HP Commercial and Consumer Notebook PCs - Swelling or Deformation of Notebook Battery

===============================================

Warranty Check – Contact HP

If the battery is failing (or has failed) and the computer is within the Warranty Period, contact HP Technical Support.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

Open >  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Where to Find Additional Information about your device

Check your computer’s Website Support for important advisories and bulletins

Category "Bulletins and Advisories" (wording may vary)

Warranty Check

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Testing section skipped - Swollen battery cannot be saved with testing...

Replacement and Purchase Options

HP Document:  HP Notebook PCs - Purchasing a Replacement Battery

Find your Product

See:  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Find Parts and Replacement Procedure

• Open Support Home >> Enter the full model name
  • When the website opens, select category Manuals
  • Look for and open the Maintenance and Service guide for your computer (document name varies)
  • Search for “Battery” >> Read the chapter on Replacement Procedures

NOTES  

1. The exact name of the service document varies, though usually the word "service" or "maintenance" is included in the name. 
  2. The "Service Guide" and "User Guide" are not the same documents.
  • Part numbers and replacement procedure are listed in the component replacement section (wording varies)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Reference

HP Collection of “how-to” videos - Battery

HP Video Gallery

Use Categories and / or enter your request in the search bar to narrow the search. 

Examples,

Select Category Computing and Mobile Devices > Battery and Power

or

Select Category Computing and Mobile Devices > Parts Replacement and Upgrades

Search for replace battery or replace battery x360

Select and watch your Video

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find / Check for parts at PartSurfer / HP Parts Store

PartSurfer might be able to tell you exactly which parts came with your device.

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Enter the device Product Number , Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase

Parts marked as "n/a" are not available from HP.

Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

If HP does not provide the part for retail purchase,

Use your search engine to find a compatible replacement at your favorite online store.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Brby I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can simply click here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have to disagree with you. First, it is not that easy to purchase new replacement battery, as there is no available on any HP official place but can be found on eBay or on Chinese sites. And those that can be found I don't know if I can trust.

Second, I didn't buy this device for fun and to play with but for work and I don't want to experience any hiccups in first 5 years of usage, let alone to play with the battery or even worry about whole thing. That’s why I chose HP in the first place.

Third, it is not true that the battery technology as such is problematic, otherwise all those billions smartphones, notebooks, notepads, … would experience the same problems. Not to mention all those Teslas roaming around. I had quite number of devices (phones, notepads, laptops, …) in last 10 years and never experienced anything similar. So, if the problem is in technology, then it is in technology HP is using.

For me it is obvious that it is about HP mistake but HP is not willing to take responsibility in any way. HP doesn’t like me as a customer but more important does not respect me, my money and my time. And that is sad.

HP Recommended

@Brby 

My opinion might have been misconstrued as having anything to do with HP.  Regardless, the comments are unwelcome.

I have edited my comments - I have removed my opinion about batteries and that of sympathy.   These are unwarranted, after all, and apparently only adding fuel to your misfortune.

I changed the word "the" to "compatible" to describe batteries.  I recently purchased a battery for my Zbook - and it is a "compatible" non-HP branded item.

Please respond to the agent to have your issue sorted.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.