Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13t-y0000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Folks,

I am one of the people affected by HP's deformed/swollen battery issue in my HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13t-y0000.

I've had terrible luck contacting HP for replacement options. As the product is out of warranty, they seemingly cannot give this issue any time of the day. Their chat line provides this blurb:

"Customers may notice that the notebook battery is somewhat deformed or swollen and become concerned that there is a potential safety issue. In some cases the swelling may cause the seam of the battery enclosure to open.

The HP Safety Council has investigated these issues and determined that there is no safety issue."

I read that there's some type of recall program for deformed/swollen HP batteries. Do I have any recourse under that? Where can I find some details on this program?

Many thanks for your thoughts, as always.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@1cooldudeski, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that you have an HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13t-y0000: and the battery charges,

Did any software changes or updates happen on your laptop after which the battery stopped charging at 70%?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

NOTE: You may skip any steps that have been performed by you already.

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

Now let us uninstall the battery drivers and reinstall them. The following steps will help:

• Open the device manager. 
  • Expand "Batteries". Right click on the ACPI battery drivers and select uninstall. If there are multiple entries of the ACPI battery drivers then uninstall them all.
  • Close the device manager.Restart the laptop.
  • The Windows operating system will reinstall the battery drivers while restarting. 

It is a good idea to download and run a BIOS update for your laptop via this link. The charger must be connected until the BIOS update is complete to avoid any power interruptions due to battery draining out. 

Post a successful BIOS update,  you may check if the battery charges fully. If not then please perform the steps as described in detail in this HP document. These steps help in testing and calibrating the battery. 

NOTE: Please skip the steps mentioned in "Test and calibrate the battery using HP Support Assistant".

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Praveen,

my issue is different from you had in mind.

the battery in my 13t-y000 is so swollen it is lifting /bending both keyboard and the touchpad to the point that the lid cannot close.

I cannot see how these physical changes can be addressed with your recommendation. I need a new battery, not a software driver.

HP Recommended

@1cooldudeski,

You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal. 

  

Alternatively, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started: 

  

1) Click on this link

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step: 

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself! 

  

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, here's how private messages work: Click here for details.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.