Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 m Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop's battery has been swollen.

Please advise me how to resolve this issue.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Pepp1305 

The battery must be removed from the computer and replaced with a new compatible battery.

"Fat" Battery / Bloated Battery / Swollen Battery

• If the battery is in a swollen or bloated condition, the battery must be removed from the computer and replaced.
  • There are no other remedies, tests, or useful options.

HP EliteBook/ProBook/Zbook Workstations - Notebook PCs - Swelling or Deformation of Notebook Battery

Replacement and Purchase Options

HP Document:  HP Notebook PCs - Purchasing a Replacement Battery

Find your Product

See:  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

OR

Open Support Home

Find Parts and Replacement Procedure

• Open Support Home >> Enter the full model name
  • When the website opens, select category Manuals
  • Look for and open the Maintenance and Service guide for your computer (document name varies)

NOTES  

1. The exact name of the document varies, though usually the word "service" or "maintenance" is included in the name. 
  2. The "Service Guide" and "User Guide" are not the same documents.
  • Part numbers and replacement procedure are listed in the component replacement section (wording varies)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Reference

HP Collection of “how-to” videos

HP Video Gallery

• Use Categories and / or enter your request in the search bar to narrow the search. 

Examples,

Select Category Computing and Mobile Devices > Battery and Power

Select Category Computing and Mobile Devices > Parts Replacement and Upgrades

Search for replace battery or replace battery x360

Select and watch your Video

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find / Check for parts at PartSurfer / HP Parts Store

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Enter the device Product Number , Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase

Parts marked as "n/a" are not available from HP.

Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

If HP does not provide the part for retail purchase,

Use your search engine to find a compatible replacement at your favorite online store.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I don't think this information is relevant to me because my battery is integrated. I think I need assistance from HP to get this resolved.

HP Recommended

@Pepp1305 

If you mean the battery is soldered to the motherboard and is not at all replaceable,  then you are correct.  I have never seen this.

If you mean that the battery is simply inside the computer case, then in almost every situation, the battery is replaceable.

If you cannot following the instructions in the Maintenance / Service guide for your computer to replace the battery yourself, then you will indeed need help either from HP, someone you know who can help you with the replacement, or a licensed technician.

In case you missed it:

• Open Support Home >> Enter the full model name
  • When the website opens, select category Manuals
  • Look for and open the Maintenance and Service guide for your computer (document name varies)
  • Read the Chapter section on Replacement Procedures - look for "Battery".

What else?

HP will replace a battery under warranty when the computer is still in warranty.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HP Technical Support – Contact Information

Submit information / case online

Sign in or continue as a guest

Reminder:  HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.

Many roads lead to HP Support.

Settings > System > About > (Support) Online support > Contact an HP Agent

OR

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

OR

Regional Links

USA / Canada

HP® Customer Support - USA

UK

HP® Customer Support - UK

OR

>>> Option - HP Support is on Facebook <<<

HP on Facebook

Warranty Check / Product Registration

• Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards

Register HP Product and Registration FAQ

• Check the Warranty on your product

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

What else??

All that said, you do have other options:

• Consider whether you can replace the battery yourself (instructions in service Guide for your computer).
  • Ask a friend or colleague for help.  Take the computer to a local repair shop.
  • Wait for an agent to respond here to help you submit an out-of-warranty case.

Request for an Assist

• I will submit a request that someone take a look at your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Pepp1305, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.