11-17-2012 06:57 AM
After replacing the palmrest of my HP HDX X16T-1000 CTO notebook, the Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad functions correctly EXCEPT for the right click button. I cannot get this button to function as an ordinary mouse right click (i.e. opening a menu to copy, cut, paste etc.). The right button does exactly the same thing as the left button (single or double click to open and close programs). All the Synaptics software settings are correct and I even rolled back the driver to a previous version without any change whatsoever. Upon updating the driver to the latest version, still no change (the right button and left button do the same thing). The "new" palmrest I installed (used from eBay but in VERY good condition) matched the original exactly. I am using Windows 7 64 bit OS. Any ideas? Thanks...
11-19-2012 06:53 PM
There is a section in that document for configuring the left and right click buttons.
11-21-2012 10:19 AM
Thank you for the reference. I have already tried all those procedures without success. Another "HP Expert" believes I received a BAD palmrest. Totally a hardware issue????
11-23-2012 12:34 PM
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot