08-05-2015 03:14 PM
For some reason, the Synaptics Touchpad control panel's settings do not save in Windows 10.
08-06-2015 02:28 AM
Please try the following steps to resolve the issue.
1. Click the Start orb, type msconfig in the Start Search box and hit Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
2. Within the System Configuration dialogue box, click the Startup tab.
3. Look for any entries named KHALMNPR or similar, and uncheck the box next to them (there may only be one).
4. Click OK and restart your computer.
08-06-2015 05:02 AM
I have the same problem and the proposed fix does not work either.
btw; my Notebook is :
HP ENVY 17-j120us Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
and upgraded from 8.1 to 10...
The changes in ClickPad settings are not saved after the restart...
File description: Synaptics TouchPad 64-bit Enhanceme....
File version: 188.8.131.52
Product name: Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
Product version: 184.108.40.206 06Jul 15
Copyright Copyright (C) Synaptics Incorporated 19....
Size 3.76 MB
Date modified 17-Jul-15 07:51
Language English (United States)
Original filename SynTP Enh .exe
Thanks in advance...
08-17-2015 12:14 AM
I have a DV6775US Notebook and have upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro I was able in Win 7 to use the vertical scroll area on the touchpad to scroll but now I am no longer able to scroll as before I actually want to use the two finger scrolling and after setting and applying it in the Synaptics control panel It does not function see screen shot for my driver info.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot