garrettspitz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Synaptics trackpad going crazy with Windows 10

Envy m7 G6U51UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The trackpad on my Hp Envy M7 Model-G6U51UA#ABA trackpad has been going crazy with windows 10. Sometimes (most of the time) the thing does not respond at all (clicks or fingermovement) when it does occasionaly it will zoom in/out with only one finger (NEVER did this with windows 8.1) I am DESPERATE FOR HELP!! I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it (driver from hp's website)  

1 REPLY 1
geokun
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Synaptics trackpad going crazy with Windows 10

I have had the same problem from the beginning.  I have built a barrier around the touchpad out of velcro and then put velcro on the boarder of the screen so the velcro around the touchpad does not hit the screen when it closes.  I have also put a "bridge"out of plastic over the touchpad that I stick on with velcro so that my palm doesn't touch the touchpad.

One normal way to deal with this is to go into the touchpad "pointing device properties" and set the "clickpad settings" sub menu of "smartsense" to where the top of the three adjusters is set at max.  Then I set "starting zone" at the bottom to the smallest box possible.  This makes the computer able to be used   BUT  I can not close the original "mouse properties" box since this setting can not be saved.  I have tried many many times to save this "profile" but it will not come back .   AND it gets set back to normal if I hibernate or sleep the computer.  This means that this set up has to be set every time I want to use this computer.   Come On HP and Synaptics .... talk to each other and do something.  This has been going on for way too long since I have let you both know about the problem.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation