Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn0013nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there!

Below is my laptop details: 
Product Name: HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn0013nr
Product number:4HH53UA

For the last 6-7 days, my system is heating up. Below is screenshot of my system use, when the keyboard panel has a high temperature. I have worked before with higher machine utilization, but never faced the heat. Please let me know my next steps if there is any.

Thanks much!

0b8ee393-919c-40b9-a10c-4989c389b015.jfif

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SOUNAK1992 

That graph will spike when you first see it, and while the processor drops down to 10% after that, it then spikes to 20% -- and that is unusual.

Also, your Process count is about TWICE what mine is -- maybe accounting for the 20% load.

I have used Black Viper's tuning suggestions for disabling processes that I don't use. That keeps my load down to 10% and allowed me to disable lots of the tasks.

I also then wrote a power script routine to disable processes on command -- which I find useful for when I need to turn everything on to do troubleshooting, and then turn stuff off when I am done.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.