Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion - 15-au623tx

My laptop made a short crackling sound and shutdown midway while I was working on it. The laptop was charging while this happened. Subsequently, the laptop would only switch on if the charging adapter was continuously switched on. It continues to switch right off as soon as the power adapter is disconnected.

On running the fast system test, these were the output:

Battery Check : Primary - Replace (42)

Primary : Logic State - Very Weak (70), Charge State - Blown Fuse (42)

Failure ID: RGE27T-86SA6Q-MFPX6K-C08203

IMG_20200804_042532.jpg

After the event, the charge % of the battery shown from the OS ( Both Windows, and Linux) was gradually decreased from 86% ( when the fuse blew out) to 0% over a course of ~5 weeks. I was unable to reach out to local HP care centre due to the unfortunate COVID-19 situation. So, I'm speculating that the battery is fine, however the fuse needs to be fixed.

The laptop is still under warranty, and I'm pretty sure the damage is due to fuse blowout. Can I get a more detailed response on how I may proceed. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ndyashas, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for the detailed information. The issue here is with the battery. It has gone bad with a failure code 601. As the computer is still under warranty, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ndyashas, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Thank you for the detailed information. The issue here is with the battery. It has gone bad with a failure code 601. As the computer is still under warranty, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.