08-05-2012 06:42 AM
I'm having trouble with a laptop keyboard T and Y keys not working.
I've replaced the keyboard with a new one and the problem remains.
I've updated drivers.
T and Y work using the on screen keyboard and with a USB keyboard plugged in.
There is a similar post on here marked 'solved' but the 'solution' was to return the laptop to HP under warranty.
Big help! This laptop is out out of warranty of course...
I've searched the web but although this seems a common problem, nobody has the solution.
COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ60-214EM
P/N NK535EA #ABU
Thanks for any suggestions.
08-05-2012 07:23 AM
Were those the same keys not working before replacement? The only thing I can think to do is take the keyboard off, clean the ribbon cable with alcohol, and reseat it real well. It is a long shot, though. Where did you get the keyboard? Not impossible the replacement is bad.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot