Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

This computer is over a year old, not even two and the primary battery is already shot. It does not make sense to me. Then, there are not any batteries for me to replace in the parts store. This is my third HP laptop in a matter of four or five years and trust me, they really do not last. A longer warranty should be included if the laptop becomes problematic just over a year of use. I don't know what to even do at this point. I wish I had not even gotten this HP and went with a more durable brand. 

Can I get help on what the next steps should be to get a battery so this does not always have to be plugged into a power source to work? This is what happened with the first HP laptop and I thought it was my use of it. It seems I should just invest in a different brand of laptops. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Gabby19197, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gabby19197, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.