Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, everyone. First time poster in this forum.

So I bought a brand new HP Spectre x360 15.6 laptop with Intel i7-10750, 16GB RAM & NVidia GTX 1650 and am getting absolutely miserable battery life out of it. 2 hours at best if I am lucky. I am well within my return period here but this is perplexing. 2 hours for a brand new laptop with great specs and HP touting 8 hours of battery life! I've gone through background apps and shut them off entirely, stopped Chrome & Edge from running in the background and updated every single driver, and even the BIOS. No change in battery life.  Can't get through a Netflix movie with this thing. I will return it if I have to, but I am hoping someone else here has experienced this exact same behavior and can share some insights? Or maybe HP was able to help out in some way? 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@4k2k60

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

Recommendations for battery usage and storage are included in the user guide for your computer. Additional battery care practices are as follows:

• Store batteries between 20°C and 25°C (68°F and 77°F) with 80 - 90% charge.

• Do not disassemble, crush, or puncture a battery, and do not short the external contacts on a battery.

WARNING: Keep batteries away from children. Batteries can be a choking and poison hazard.
  • Do not leave batteries exposed to elevated temperatures for extended periods. Prolonged exposure to heat (inside a hot car, for example) accelerates the deterioration of battery cells.

• Long term battery storage:

1. Charge or discharge the battery to 80 - 90%.

2. Place the notebook into ship mode per your user guide. Refer to your notebook user guide to determine if your computer supports this feature.

3. Check the battery charge every three months. If the battery charge falls below 50%, charge the battery to 80 - 90%, and then repeat the steps in the user guide to put the computer back into ship mode.

NOTE: For the steps to put a business computer into ship mode, go to the Battery storage recommendations section in this document.
  • For best performance, use only the battery provided with the computer, a replacement battery provided by HP, or a compatible battery purchased as an accessory. If you have a choice of battery types to use with your computer, use the type of battery with the highest capacity rating.

• To maintain the battery, run Battery Check using HP Support Assistant. Under normal usage, batteries should be calibrated a minimum of once every two to three months. However, a battery that is rarely discharged fully should be calibrated about once a month.

Go to HP Support Assistant to download and install the software. Run the test, and then calibrate the battery based on the results.

For more information, go to Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) for detailed steps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.