cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 3
42 30 4 11
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

The Characters on my HP ENVY Keyboard are Dissolving and Becoming Unreadable

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook V5E32AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP laptop was delivered 9 months ago, in August 2016. Apparently, due to a manufacturing, production, or design issue, the letters on the backlit keyboard immediately began to dissolve and some have become unreadable.

I noticed minor flaws in the keyboard when it was first delivered and ignored them, but the problem has gotten progressively worse.

The unit is under 2-year HP Care Pack onsite warranty. I have asked HP to replace the keyboard onsite, but they want me to ship it instead to an HP Service Center, which nurmally has a 10-14 day turn-around.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? If so, how was it resolved.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joel

IMG_0838b.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,394 2,298
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Ectophile,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation