cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
MadHoneyMama
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

The broken hinge breaking screen on hp envy x 360 model 15m-eu0013dx

HP Recommended
hp envy x 360 model 15m-eu0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So, the screen broke right above the left hinge a couple of months ago. I got it fixed and got it back about 2 weeks ago. The computer has been used twice since then and the screen has broken in the same exact spot in the same exact way. I started looking online because this has not been user negligence and the computer has been kept put away in a case while not in use. Lo and behold there is a problem with hinges and other people having cracked screens. My computer has a wobbly hinge (which was not addressed by Best Buy when i sent it for the screen to be repaired). So far, I'm out $530, and I'm not spending another $530 for a new screen that has been broken by a faulty hinge. It is not user errors causing the broken screens. I would like this resolved so the $800 I spent on the computer in June of this year can be useable without having to have the screen replaced all the time. So, if anyone knows how to get in touch with the powers that be on how to get this sorted and hopefully a refund for having the first screen repaired (it was never dropped, hit, sat on, closed on anything, or had anything done to it the first time to have caused the crack in the screen).  Same for this time. It is in a padded backpack case with nothing else, nothing was put on it, nothing was in it when it was closed, it hasn't been dropped or hit, and it has the exact same damage in the exact same spot. Where the loose hinge is. I don't want to take it back to Best Buy for the repair because I'll again be told it was something we did and be charged $530 to replace the screen (at that point it would be better to just go for a computer that doesn't have those problems and with a company that doesn't pass the blame of faulty craftmanship of the product to users damaging the product).

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,633 30,562 1,467 1,548
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MadHoneyMama

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I want to thank you for taking the time to speak to us today.  

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that 
here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

1 person found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation