04-27-2011 09:47 AM
I've been seeing the above quoted error in my System Event logs on my HP G71 laptop. Can someone tell me how to determine if that's the internal harddrive on my laptop or one of the two external Seagate drives I have connected?
It appears several times a day, every day.
04-27-2011 09:56 AM
First run the diagnostic test on the internal Hard Drive
Shut down the computer if it is running.
Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Press f10 when the HP/Compaq logo displays.
After the BIOS Setup Utility displays, use the Right Arrow key to select the Diagnostics menu.
Select HDD Self-Test options.
Press enter to display a list of HDD/Self-Test options.
Select Notebook Hard Drive and then press f10 to display an Estimated test time.
Press f10 to continue. The Hard Drive Self Test executes a Quick test, a Comprehensive test, and a SMART test.
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//
||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot