Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2364er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop does not charge up to 100%, and charges only to 78-82%, and then writes this when pointing to the battery "Connected, not charging." There are no software to disable. Biose also does not have such a function.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Veliam,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that battery is not getting charged up to 100% on your HP Pavilion g6-2364er Notebook PC.

This issue could occur if the battery is not calibrated.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

I suggest that you follow the steps to uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery:

1. Disconnect the A/C power supply

2. Shut down the computer

3. Remove the battery

4. Connect the A/C power supply

5. Start the computer

6. In the control panel, under system and security --> system --> device manager --> battery, uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

7. Shut down computer

8. Disconnect A/C power supply

9. Insert the battery

10. Insert the A/C power supply

Also, follow the steps the links below to calibrate the battery:

1. Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎

2. Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Veliam,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that battery is not getting charged up to 100% on your HP Pavilion g6-2364er Notebook PC.

This issue could occur if the battery is not calibrated.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

I suggest that you follow the steps to uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery:

1. Disconnect the A/C power supply

2. Shut down the computer

3. Remove the battery

4. Connect the A/C power supply

5. Start the computer

6. In the control panel, under system and security --> system --> device manager --> battery, uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

7. Shut down computer

8. Disconnect A/C power supply

9. Insert the battery

10. Insert the A/C power supply

Also, follow the steps the links below to calibrate the battery:

1. Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎

2. Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let me know how this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I can not diagnose the battery, because I have Windows 10. And my battery is OK, it just does not charge up to 100%.
I correctly understand that after removing ACPI-compatible I need to try to charge the laptop to 100%?

HP Recommended

Hi @Veliam,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know if you need to charge the laptop to 100% after uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI.

Yes, I suggest that you charge the battery till it reaches 100%.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I did everything according to the instructions, but the laptop still charges only up to 80%

HP Recommended

Hi @Veliam,

I suggest that you follow the steps to calibrate the battery for Windows 10 from the link: Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I havent Testing and Calibrating the Battery in bios . lV0XQsDULs8.jpgTZ4XB7xFOq4.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @Veliam

I understand that the issue did not resolve after following the steps in the previous interaction.

As we have tried all the possible solutions for this issue, please contact HP phone support from this link: www.hp.com/contacthp
You may select the country and type the product# of the unit and then follow the on-screen instructions to contact HP phone support.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.