Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Y6F29EA#A2N
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop suddenly shutdown with no reason and I don’t know where is the problem i made a chat with hp and they said it may be a hardware problem so it shutdowns suddenly due to the new update of windows 10 please i want to know where is the problem to solve it .

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Toqa Welcome to HP Community!

First of all, start by hitting they WIN + R combination to launch the Run utility.

Now, type in sysdm.cpl and then hit Enter to launch System Properties. Next, click on the tab called Advanced and under the section labeled as Startup and Recovery, click on the button that says Settings.

How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10

A new pop-up window will now open. Under the section called System failure, uncheck the option labeled as Automatically restart.

Now, click on OK then on Apply and then again on OK.

Reboot your computer now for the changes to take an effect.

This should provide an error message or code before the laptop restarts once the above steps are done,
please capture the error code/message on the blue screen and send us a picture for an accurate solution.

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.