Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-eh1000 (2H5A6AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The touchpad on my new Pavilion 15-eh1009 don`t work. And there is no any action key on keyboard to turn it on/off! Such as, no action key to turn on/off wi-fi. So, I can`t undarstand how to use touchpad and wi-fi.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There actually is a special Fn key that will enable/disable the touchpad. There is also a key to enable/disable the wireless. It is the Airplane mode Fn key.

Here is the user manual. Take a look at chapter 2 pages 10-12.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06686565.pdf

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, my laptop keyboard does not have a special key to enable the touchpad. I don’t know how to attach a photo here to prove that there is no such key on my laptop. This is not the first laptop in my life and I know what it looks like. And in the manual you specified, this key is drawn, but it is not on the keyboard of my laptop. A special key "airplane mode" turns off all available wireless adapters. But the problem is that there is no wi-fi adapter in the device manager, there is only a bluetooth adapter. Therefore, by pressing this key, I cannot turn wi-fi on or off.

I tried to install linux and there was no problem with the touchpad or wi-fi. From this I conclude that the problem is not with the laptop, but with the operating system. As I wrote earlier, the problem was in windows10 64bit build 1803, which I installed immediately after the purchase (this laptop model is for sale with FreeDOS installed). After installing assembly 21H2, the problem disappeared - and the touchpad worked, and a wi-fi adapter appeared in the device manager. There is no mention of such a problem in the user manual.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.