Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Thunderbolt port will not provide power or recognize displays

HP Recommended
Omen laptop dc-1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A while back (maybe when I updated to Windows 10 1909?) I noticed that the Thunderbolt 3 port wouldn't power the KVM that I used anymore. It had worked at some point prior, but then it stopped. It wasn't a big deal, since the other computer that it was connected to would power it fine.

Also, even with the KVM being powered, it wouldn't recognize the display that I had hooked into it (while the other computer did).

Lastly, I know that at least the issues with the display aren't limited to the KVM hardware: I also have a USB-C hub that includes an HDMI port, and the laptop does not recognize a display when connected that way either.

I have the latest Thunderbolt drivers, so I don't think that's the issue. Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation