Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doughapeman Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touch Screen resolution 1920 X 1080 but graphics card only permits 1368 X 768. Why?

HD 15" TouchSmart model:d021ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upgraded to Windows 10. Updated graphics driver to latest. Touchscreen is 1920 X 1080, but graphics driver will only permit 1378 X 768 as highest resolution. How do I get full 1920 graphics mode?

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8,244 8,112 484 925
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touch Screen resolution 1920 X 1080 but graphics card only permits 1368 X 768. Why?

Greetings @doughapeman

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to change the resolution of your display but it is limited to 1378 X 768. I would like to provide my suggestion. 

Have you updated the drivers using HP Support Assistant?

Recommend you to make sure all the Windows updates are installed. 

Update the drivers using HP Support Assistant. Click here for assistance.

If the issue persists after installing all the Windows updates and HPSA updates. 

You can download and install the driver directly from AMD website as the specifications of your computer state that AMD Radeon HD 8210 Graphics card is embedded on the computer. 

Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers

HP Products - Changing Display Settings, Background Image, Icons, and Screen

HP PCs - Understanding and Using Windows 10

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation