• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

TouchPad Right and Left Click are silent

HP Recommended
Spectre x360

This may be a silly question, but are the right and left clicks for the touchpad suppose to be silent?

I've been using a wireless mouse since I got the laptop and only realized the touchpad right and left clicks are silent when my mouse broke and I had to start using the touchpad. 

If not, does it mean something's broken, or is it something I can customize? And if it's customizable, how can I get the clicks back? I'm afraid I might press too hard or something and break the touchpad. I need those clicks.

Help please.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
4,320 4,287 441 1,111
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Click the below link to perform the required troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04648748#c03523373

and

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-Sleekbook-4-1100/5296620/model/5394979/docum...

If you will go to the section on Turning all TouchPad try restoring the default settings. Here is a document that shows you how and where to click. Located in Figure 14: Mouse Properties screen select, TouchPad Profiles.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation