Post new question
Message 1 of 2 (130 Views)

Touchpad Mouse Stopped Working

Product Name: ENVY x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, fellow HP-ers!

Hoping someone's expertise can assist me. I decided to clean out my fan by opening up my laptop keyboard. Unfortunately, I must've snagged a power strip or something because suddenly, the mouse stopped working. Does anyone know which power strip is for the mouse? Or if there's something to resecure in there? I've provided a photo for reference.

Thanks in advance for the help! 

- Mr. Horrible DIY-er20161113_190947.jpg20161113_190929.jpg20161113_190912.jpg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)

Re: Touchpad Mouse Stopped Working

@NocturnalChrisThanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and understand that after cleaning the interiors on the notebook, the touchpad does not respond. Maybe I can help you here. The HP ENVY x360 there are a lot of models. To find the exact model no. please refer to this link: However, in the second image, there's a thin flat long cable and that seems to be the touchpad cable. Let me know the outcome. Cheers!

I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation