11-13-2016 05:18 PM
Hello, fellow HP-ers!
Hoping someone's expertise can assist me. I decided to clean out my fan by opening up my laptop keyboard. Unfortunately, I must've snagged a power strip or something because suddenly, the mouse stopped working. Does anyone know which power strip is for the mouse? Or if there's something to resecure in there? I've provided a photo for reference.
Thanks in advance for the help!
- Mr. Horrible DIY-er
11-14-2016 02:44 PM
@NocturnalChrisThanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and understand that after cleaning the interiors on the notebook, the touchpad does not respond. Maybe I can help you here. The HP ENVY x360 there are a lot of models. To find the exact model no. please refer to this link: http://hp.care/2bygf7l. However, in the second image, there's a thin flat long cable and that seems to be the touchpad cable. Let me know the outcome. Cheers!
I am an HP Employee
If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot