Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You are most welcome.  I hope that driver did the trick for you.

Thanks for updating the community.  🙂

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

On my WIn  PC 8 (3-month old), no ‘Touchpad Setting’ is visible, and also no ‘Device Settings’ tab (as visible on your screen shot).  My PC had 2-finger touch-pad scrolling as delivered, but just ‘lost it’ after a couple of weeks of use.  2-finger scroll 'came back' after OS was reset (due to the system [tiles et al] otherwise malfunctioning).  THis sequence of events happened a second time.   After each reset, scroll worked again for awhile.  OS now still seems to be working (maybe a little flaky/slow) but 2-finger scroll just stopped working.  Touch-screen scroll still works.  Win 8 seems really inconsistent (missing tabs et al) and flak); difficult for users to maintain capability . Can you help at least getting this scroll function working?  (I am ’trained’ on 2-finger scroll - similar to Mac that I have).  Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello rdg33,

Please take a look at this document and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help resolve your touchpad issues.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

TY for the reply.  To restate; on the Mouse Prop page, there is (still) no 'Device Settings'; how can this be?   As I mentioned; this thing just stopped working; no major changes that I know of...  Touch sreen still works; touch pad is preferred for most PC operations.

HP Recommended

Hello rdg33,

I suggest calling in to HP and speaking to a rep.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, begin Here.

Good luck!

Signature
HP Recommended

Hi, I have a Probook 4740s which came with Windows 7. I have since upgraded to windows 8 and my touchpad scolling no longer works, help?

Esther

HP Recommended

Esther-Rose

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial computer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/ .

I hope this helps.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I opened 'control pannel' > 'mouse' as you advised, but there is no 'ClickPad settings' tab there.

The only tabs are

buttons

pointers

pointer options

hardware

I have Windows 8.

what should I do? 

HP Recommended

Tali1

It looks as if you are having issues with your TrackPad on your HP computer. If you could please post your product number for your computer. I am linking a document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well if you could indicate which operating system you are running and whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums and please feel free to re-post once you have the required information. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I have an ASUS laptop, the model is F550CA-XX132H 

and the operating system is Windows 8.

How do I know  whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit?

thank you 

Tali

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.