Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 15-CC753TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi ALL,

Please Share me driver link for HP PAVILION 15-CC753TX MODLE.

This touch pad driver is not working.

I already try hp driver link but show driver link is synpatic touch pad.

That's come with Elan Touch pad.

I check hardwares id :

ACPI\VEN_ETD&DEV_0730

ACPI\ETD0730

*ETD0730     

I think this hardwares id is Elan Touch pad driver.

So please share me lastest Elan touch pad driver.  

Thank You and Regards,

Green Light

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @jokergreenlight,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the touchpad not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

First, restart the computer and tap on F10 during restart, once on BIOS screen, move the mouse cursor around to check if it works normally, 

If it does, it would confirm a software issue and you follow the below steps if it doesn't work on its a hardware failure and I would suggest a touchpad replacement. 

I recommend you to uninstall any generic synaptic drivers showing up for the touchpad (if available) under hidden devices from the device manager: 

• Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt. 

• At a command prompt, type the following command , and then press ENTER: 

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 

• Type the following command a command prompt, and then press ENTER: 

start devmgmt.msc 

• Troubleshoot the devices and drivers in Device Manager. 
    NOTE: Click Show hidden devices on the View menu in Device Manager before you can see devices that are not connected to the computer. 

• When you finish troubleshooting, close Device Manager. 

• Type exit at the command prompt. 

Note that when you close the command prompt window, Window clears the devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 variable that you set in step 2 and prevents ghosted devices from being displayed when you click Show hidden devices. 

And then download a new version of the synaptic drivers using this link: Click here  

I would suggest please update the BIOS, Chipset drivers, on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet_Singh,

Thank You for your reply.

I am try your suggestion but not working touchpad. I think we facing error is touch pad driver. i am try  latest synaptic driver.So Please kindly send me update Elan touch pad driver link.

Thank You and Best Regards,

GreenLight

HP Recommended

Hi @jokergreenlight,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you are having issues with the touchpad drivers not getting installed. Just wanted to check if you have followed the other steps which was suggested in the previous post such as Updating the Bios and Chipset drivrs from our HP support website.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would suggest is to reinstall the touchpad drivers using HP Recovery manager, using this link:  HP PCs - Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 10)

Let me know how that pans out,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.