Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (120 Views)

Touchsmart m7 hinge

Product Name: Touchsmart m7-j010dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have been dealing with a broken home on my laptop for more than a year. I just searched these forums and found ~70 posts all with the same issue. This seems to be due to poor design that never should have made it past the quality assurance engineers, having a metal hinge screwed into non-reinforced plastic. I find it reprehensible that a premium laptop was made so poorly. I am told by local PC repair shops that it will cost me $400+ to get this fixed. That's 1/3 what I paid for the machine in the first place.

I tried calling support and was directed to log onto the support site for assistance, from which I was directed to search the forums. I thought HP made better products than this, but hadn't wanted to put up the money to get one to find out. Then I bit the bullet and got rewarded with a busted hinge on a laptop that spends its days being used by my wife at home, bring opened and closed 2-3 times per day. And now it seems like I'm going to get the runaround to get this fixed, or just have to trash an otherwise great machine due to crappy hinges. I love this laptop as far as performance and hardware specs go but it is a pain to open and close to try and avoid breaking the other hinge and essentially removing the screen.

Any guidance on what I can do to get an actual answer or a case submitted to get any useful help?
0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (97 Views)

Re: Touchsmart m7 hinge

@badmuthatrucka

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation