Tutor
24 18 0 1
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not fluid

HP Envy 17t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trackpad movement is not fluid - sometimes the mouse arrow doesn't move , or moves very inconsistently, even when I move the finger accross it. In most occassions it works well, but sometimes it doesn't. HP Support Assistant is up to date, drivers updated, and Windows Update is up to date.

12 REPLIES 12
Retired
Retired
3,904 3,735 201 433
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not fluid

Hi there @chryslerE,

Welcome Back to the HP Support Forums! I understand you are having an issue with the touchpad. I will be glad to help you.

Here is a document on Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10).

You can download and install the lastedt driver by clicking on Synaptics TouchPad Driver.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :generic:

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
chryslerE Tutor
Tutor
24 18 0 1
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not fluid

Hi Tardis

I don't think you understood my issue. It is not "How do I use the trackpad" - it's trackpad movement not fluid, as stated above. 

Also, not sure you've read my question. Cause in the end I said "drivers updated" - which is what you're suggesting I do in your message.

If you really want to be helpful, please refrain from using template answers, because they are just a waste of everyone's time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,904 3,735 201 433
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not fluid

Hi @chryslerE,

I do understand the issue, but with any issue related to hardware it is always best to check the drivers first.

After confriming not a drive issue, then it is a computer performance issue.

Here are some documents to try.

Increasing System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)

Computer Stops Responding or Becomes Very Slow after Connecting to the Internet (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps. Please get back to me. 

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
chryslerE Tutor
Tutor
24 18 0 1
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not fluid

I have a HP Envy 17t n000, with quad core i7 6th gen Intel processor, 12GB RAM, and an SSD disk, and you are seriously suggesting that the trackpad is not working because my computer is becoming slow when connecting to the internet?

Common man, get a grip. I won't be responding to such ridiculous suggestions anymore. Next thing you'll suggest to check if my monitor is on while I'm using the computer. 

0 Kudos
chryslerE Tutor
Tutor
24 18 0 1
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not fluid

Have there been any updates to trackpad drivers? If not, when can I expect new version? Thanks

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
41,670 40,106 6,279 10,917
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not fluid

Provide the full model number please so we can check the driver update page. If there is no new driver there you might try synaptics itself as they will post the latest daily build beta drivers on their site. 

0 Kudos
chryslerE Tutor
Tutor
24 18 0 1
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not fluid

Envy 17t n000 CTO.

Do you know the trackpad id or s/n? In device manager it only says Synaptics SMbus touchpad.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
41,670 40,106 6,279 10,917
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not fluid

There is no serial number just for the trackpad. Right click on it in the device manager and select properties/details/hardware ID to get the device identifier and from that we can look out on the web for a newer driver. 

I had the same model laptop a while back and my biggest complaint was the trackpad. It never did feel like it was well made in my humble opinion. Also the keyboard had a little too much flex for me. 

chryslerE Tutor
Tutor
24 18 0 1
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Trackpad not fluid

Hardware ID is SYN1EF8

Checked Synaptics website, they have an old version, 19.0.19, whereas HP pushed 19.2.4.0 few weeks back..where did you mention you were able to find beta drivers?

Touchpad experience on this laptop are by far the worst of all the laptops I ever owned.. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation