Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17-by0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has become slow. I have done all of the System Checks and all indicates Passed. I regularly run Norton and Malware checks. I went into Task Manager and disabled programs I don't want to run. Recently, I ran an sc /scannow and no problems were noted. I was going to go through some steps using the Virtual Assistant (I have used this before) and I get the message: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Lately when I am using the laptop, it will just stop and goes to a blank screen and I have to close everything. It never did this before. Maybe needs more RAM? It only has 4GB. The laptop is not longer under warranty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

well you are not the only one to have this issue. in our company we had bought new hp desktop and its very slow compared to old units we have with lower specs.

you might want to do this

1. clean re-install windows OS

2. Update BIOS Version to the latest.

3. reset bios settings to default

4. upgrade from HDD to SDD ( this is the best one i could think of to speed up the response time of windows OS)

5. upgrade RAM to at least 8GB (if your running out of memory for your daily multi-tasking)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.