03-23-2014 09:58 AM
Model: HP ENVY Ultrabook 6-1025tu
OS: Windows 8.1
So a couple of days ago my camera suddenly doesn't work. My camera, which used to show as TrueVision HD on both Youcam and Skype, is now showing as spca2082, and all I get is a black loading screen.
I also tried the following.
Open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand Imaging devices, right click on the HP Webcam entry and select Properties.
Select the driver tab and then click on the 'Update driver' button. Select 'Browse my computer for driver software' and then choose 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.
Remove the tick from the box next to 'Show compatible hardware'. Under the Manufacturer column, left click 'Microsoft' to high light the entry and then select 'USB Video Device'. Click next to install the driver.
When done, restart the notebook.
Any help would be appreciated, please.
03-25-2014 01:04 PM - last edited on 03-06-2017 10:43 AM by OscarFuentes
I understand that you are having issues with your TrueVisioin HD webcam. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
I hope this information helps, please let me know.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot