cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ToruOkada123
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Trying to find replacement battery

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4109na (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I spent now the last hour on the HP website and with the Virtual Assistant to find information about HP notebook repairs or battery replacements. Maybe I am just not clever enough but neither could I find information on certified repair centers that can replace my battery nor where to buy a replacement battery.  Nor was there a way to contact somebody from HP - what kind of customer care is this?

Anyhow, my HP Spectre battery lost its mojo over the years, and as of today, it charges only up to 38% - seemingly only one cell is left. So, obvious questions: 1) How to find a replacement battery, 2) How to find a trustworthy repair shop in London (my work depends on this computer), and 3) Would it be possible for me to replace the battery if I found a replacement?

Obviously nothing, the HP store cares about.

I guess, this question has been asked several times, so a link to a relevant thread or an answer would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,853 65,566 12,549 21,631
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ToruOkada123 

It uses battery part #  789116-005 as shown on page 20, item (14) of the following Guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04807803.pdf

You can order from the following link

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=789116-005

OR use part # to search elsewhere. I could not find it at Amazon UK, I saw it on Newegg for $61. Unfortunately HP won't allow me to post the link. Please Google to search yourself using  HP 789116-005

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,853 65,566 12,549 21,631
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ToruOkada123 

It uses battery part #  789116-005 as shown on page 20, item (14) of the following Guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04807803.pdf

You can order from the following link

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=789116-005

OR use part # to search elsewhere. I could not find it at Amazon UK, I saw it on Newegg for $61. Unfortunately HP won't allow me to post the link. Please Google to search yourself using  HP 789116-005

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>

View solution in original post

ToruOkada123
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This answer was more helpful than several hours spent on the HP "help" website. After the diagnosis "your battery needs replacement" (duh) and "buy one here", all links ended up on blank websites. And the virtual help assistant is a joke.  How difficult can it be for HP to provide a website that sells spare parts and lists trustworthy repair shops? It is as if they try to discourage you to repair your computer, throw it away, and buy a new one. For the past five years, I was very happy with this HP computer, but I think after this experience, I will buy another product next time.

So, it seems the battery replacement can easily be done by me. Now,  I just have to find spare parts here in the UK.  Thank you so much for this fast reply. I wouldn't have known where to look for this manual.

ToruOkada123
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just wanted to give feedback that after ordering the replacement battery (which was rather difficult and the HP team was not helpful at all) the installation was thanks to the guidance here pretty straightforward. The computer is now fully functional again. Thanks again, @banhien - I wouldn't have made it without your help.

11hi
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

im not a expert but most phone repair place or best buy can help you repaces a battery

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation