Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook Gaming 15-dk0010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi trying to find out how to upgrade the SSD in my machine at the moment it has one NVMe in it that came a standard however it only seems to have one slot for those type i was under the impression it took 2, I can see it has a standard 2,5 empty slot but would rather add an extra NVMe stick is this possible any help is very appreciated as it seems impossible to speak to someone at HP 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here's the Service Manual:

Manual 

Only one NVME slot. It can take a 2.5 inch and an M.2 but you need a cable and bracket to do that. Post back with any other questions. 

HP Recommended

thanks would explain why i couldn't find a second slot, from reading your answer fully are you saying i can take a NVMe M.2 and still use it in the 2,5 ssd slot using a bracket and cable if so any recomendations?

HP Recommended

No the 2.5 has a SATA port so an NVME cannot be adapted to work through that port. You would want to use a 2.5 inch SATA SSD or even a hard drive for the 2.5 bay. In other words no way to have a second NVME disk. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.